Djurgårdens IF Fäktförening (”DIF Fencing”) is recruiting a new Epee Coach to Stockholm.
DIF Fencing is one of the leading epee-fencing clubs in Sweden, with approximately 175 members and two fencing halls. The club has raised both Olympic and World Cup medallists, and won a large number of Swedish championships in fencing as well as modern pentathlon. Half of the current Swedish National Epee fence at the club, as well as some of the best cadet and junior epee fencers in Sweden. The club strives to recruit, educate and develop fencers at all levels.
DIF Fencing is now looking to expand the coaching team with a new Epee Coach in order to further cultivate world-class fencers. Our ideal candidate is a committed team player who is passionate about fencing, and wants to foster the individual athlete as well as the club. DIF Fencing has a Hungarian fencing tradition, thus a coach from a similar system is likely to feel at home within the club. However, our objective is to find the right individual to join our existing team of coaches based on coaching experience and personality.
- Arrange and coordinate fencing training together with our existing team, focusing on cadets, juniors and seniors.
- Individual lessoning and coaching including acting as head coach for a group of fencers, assisting fencers with their individual season planning as well as athletic development.
- Plan and lead competitions and training camps for the club’s fencers in cooperation with the rest of the coaching team.
- Assisting with scheduling work, administrative tasks, and maintenance of equipment
- Develop engagement, participation and commitment within in the club including close contact with our youth trainers.
- Actively participate in recruiting new fencers.
- Help coordinate and execute events.
- Relevant coaching experience, preferably as a certified fencing coach.
- Experience in working with and developing fencers of different levels.
- English verbal communication at least at an intermediate level and a willingness to learn Swedish.
- Strong interpersonal and social skills.
- Keen team player with a strong sense of leadership
- Very good at independently planning, taking responsibility for and carrying out work duties.
- Eagerness to share knowledge of fencing with athletes but also the junior coaches at the club.
Details of employment:
- Full or part time employment by agreement.
- Fixed term employment for 12 months, with the possibility to prolong the contract, starting with a three-month probation period.
- Flexible starting date, but preferably in August 2023.
- Salary to be determined depending on experience.
Send CV along with a short personal letter where you state why you want to join the DIF Fencing coaching team. Please include any certificates etc. you wish to refer to in order to certify qualifications and competence, as well as your salary requirements. Deadline for application is June 30th 2023 but we will review applications continuously so please do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible.
Send your applications or any questions via email to chairman of the board Magnus Gustavsson via firstname.lastname@example.org